The IPCC’s 2014 assessment showed the effects of climate change are already hitting us through the water cycle. From our point of view at Global Water Intelligence, this means that, if we have any hope of adapting to these changes, it will have to involve a profound turn around in how we manage our water resources.
By 2050 our collective water challenge will be unlike anything the world has ever seen and it will run right across the entire supply chain from depleted ground sources through compromised consumer and business operations to wastewater treatment and reuse on an unprecedented scale.
It will also generate extraordinary opportunities for those with the right technology, partnership and financial solutions.
The Global Water Summit 2016 in Abu Dhabi is going to break new ground for the sustainability of water as a source of business and economic growth. We will bring together our distinct community: the people who lead the businesses that supply and use water and the stakeholders whose decisions influence the way those businesses are run.
Utility leaders, government ministers, CEOs of corporations and their customers need to come to terms with this basic fact of life: that the state of water in 2050 is going to depend on what we do to make the world of water better – now.
We have an extraordinary line up of speakers, including:
• Junaid Ahmed, Senior Director, Water, Water Global Practice (GP), World Bank
• H. E. Dr. Hazem Al-Naser, the Jordanian Minister of Water and Irrigation
• Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Peruvian Minister of State for Environment and President of the COP20/CMP10
• Marie van der Hoeven, former Executive Director of the IEA (retires 31 August 2015)
• Mohamed El Ramahi, Associate Director, Utilities Interface, Operations and Engineering, MASDAR
• Ahmed Bin Abbood Al Adawi, Head Of TAQA UAE
• H. E. Eng. Khaldon H. Khashman, Secretary General, Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA)
• Dr. Michael Prange, General Manager, German Water Partnership
• Mr. P. Elango, Managing Director of Hindustan Oil Exploration Company Ltd (HOEC) and former CEO of Cairn India
Join us for the Global Water Summit 2016 on 19-20 April at the Jumeirah Etihad Towers in Abu Dhabi.
We will be asking you to imagine what the world of water will look like in 2050.
What will we be leaving behind for the next generation?