Aurelio Ignacio López Mier is the Americas Business Director at Acciona Agua. He is responsible for developing new business in the American( Latin and North America) market, and manages permanent offices in three countries (Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Brazil and Canada) as part of the company’s country-specific strategies, with successes in the following projects:
– WWTP Atotonilco, – México.
– WTP Peravía, – Dominican Republic.
– WWTP La Chira, WWTP Arequipa, Sedapal Service (2 lots) – Perú
– Desalination Plant Copiapo and Conveyance System, – Chile.
– WWTP Los Tajos – Costa Rica
– 4 WTP in Panama
– Divinopolis Sewage System Concession, WWTP Alcántara – Brazil
– DWTP Riohacha, WWTP Bello – Colombia
– Saint John WTP and Lions Gate WWTP in Canada.
Prior to his role as Americas Business Director, Ignacio held several other positions at Acciona Agua, such as Project Director for the $150,000,000 CRP Desalination Plant in Paraguana, Venezuela (2008-2009), National Construction Manager for six treatment plant projects in Spain, (including the €6,400,000 Naquera WWTP in Valencia, Spain) and Construction Manager for the Tampa Bay Seawater Desalination Facility Modifications, Florida. Between 1996 and 2000, Ignacio worked for several Civil Works Companies such as Nesco S.A Civil Works Company, Obrascon S. A Civil Works Company and Entrecanales S.A Civil Works Company.
Ignacio holds an MEng in Civil Engineering at the University of Cantabria, Spain and MBA in Sustainable Economy in the EOI for the Industry Ministry.
Day 2: Tuesday 25th April 2017
10:45 – 12:15 – Latin America – Wastewater Management for Latin American Megacities